Pebbles in the Sand
The program helps immigrant women learn to read and write.
- English language enhancement
- One-on-one language support and mentoring
- Family literacy skills
- Parenting information
- Life skills
- Health education
- Community resources information and support
- Field trips
The program is available to all immigrant women, including Canadian citizens and refugees with less than 7 years of education. An English assessment is required for enrolment.
The program has three terms a year and weekly intakes.
- April – July
- August – November
- November – March
Classes are offered part-time.
- Morning: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Afternoon: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Evening: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Additional Program Information
- Classes are offered in 9 community locations
- Participants receive support with transportation cost to come to classes
- Field trips and group visits to different places in Calgary
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
- Childcare is available (restrictions may apply)
- First language support is available
For more information, please email: email@example.com