New Friends and Neighbourhood Groups
The program offers a safe and supportive environment for immigrant women to form meaningful relationships, practice and improve their English conversation skills, learn about resources available to them, and share experiences with other immigrant women.
- Weekly group sessions
- English conversation practice
- Personal story-telling
- Community resources information
- Networking opportunities
- Field trips and guest speakers
This program is available to any immigrant or refugee woman (Visitor, Permanent Resident, Citizen, and Refugee.)
Additional Program Information
- Groups are offered both in person, and via Zoom.
- Clients can join more than one class.
- Sessions are drop-in. Clients do not need to register before coming, they can simply arrive at any class or join the Zoom meeting on the day and time. (registration will be done at the meeting)
- Remember there are no in-person classes in summer, July and August. But Zoom classes will continue through summer. In-person classes resume after summer, in the second week of September.
|In person locations|
|Day||Venue||Time||Address||Starting Date||End Date|
|Mondays||Judith Umbach Library||1-3pm||6617 Centre St N (Main floor program room)||January 2, 2023||June 26, 2023|
|Mondays||Seton Library||1-3pm||4995 Market St SE, Calgary, AB||January 9, 2023||June 26, 2023|
|Tuesdays||Sunalta Community Association||10am-12pm||1627 10 Ave SW (Main Hall)||January 3, 2023||June 27, 2023|
|Tuesdays||Shawnessy Library||1-3pm||333 Shawville Blvd SE (Main floor program room)||January 3, 2023||June 27, 2023|
|Tuesdays||Agape Language Centre||1-3pm||16 Bermuda Dr. NW||January 3, 2023||June 27, 2023|
|Wednesdays||CIWA Office(2nd floor)||5-7pm||138 4 Ave SE #200 (Room 202 – second floor)||January 4, 2023||June 28, 2023|
|Wednesdays||Saddletowne Library (in the Genesis Center)||1-3pm||7555 Falconridge Blvd NE, Calgary, AB||January 4, 2023||June 28, 2023|
|Thursdays||Calgary Downtown Central Library||1-3pm||800 3 St SE (Basement Room 0-13)||January 5, 2023||June 29, 2023|
|Thursdays||Crowfoot Library||1-3pm||665 Nose Hill Dr NW||January 5, 2023||June 29, 2023|
|Mondays||Online – Zoom||5-7pm||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org||Ongoing|
|Wednesdays||Online – Zoom||10am-12pm||Please contact email@example.com||Ongoing|
|Thursdays||Online – Zoom||1-3pm||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org||Ongoing|
|Friday||Online – Zoom||1-3pm||Please contact email@example.com||Ongoing|
Childcare is available (restrictions may apply)
First language support is available.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org