New Friends and Neighbourhood Groups
The program offers a safe and supportive environment for immigrant women to form meaningful relationships, practice and improve their English conversation skills, learn about resources available to them, and share experiences with other immigrant women.
- Weekly group sessions
- English conversation practice
- Personal story-telling
- Community resources information
- Networking opportunities
- Field trips and guest speakers
This program is available to any immigrant or refugee woman (Visitor, Permanent Resident, Citizen, and Refugee.)
Additional Program Information
The program provides weekly two-hour workshops from September to June in various locations and online (Zoom) sessions weekly, Monday to Friday.
- Thursday, June 16, 2022- In person sessions end
- Saturday, September 10, 2022- Volunteer training for Fall resumption
- Monday, September 12, 2022- In person session resume
- Monday, Dec 19– Friday, Dec 30, 2022 – Christmas break
- Monday, Jan 2– Friday, June 30, 2023 – In person/online session in progress
Childcare is available (restrictions may apply)
First language support is available.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org