The program empowers immigrant youth to get involved in the community and reach their full potential.
- Leadership development and public speaking skills
- Self-esteem and teambuilding activities
- Educational and recreational field trips
- Youth Standing Committee (forums, discussions and event planning opportunities)
- Girls Culture Club (peer discussions about racism, identity and self-confidence)
- Counselling and mentoring support
The program is available for all immigrant youth, 10-19 years old, including those who are Canadian citizens.
Additional Program Information
- The program is offered in junior high and senior high schools in Calgary
- The program is also delivered at select Calgary Housing Company complexes
- Program activities take place during lunch time and other critical hours
- Immigrant youth are connected with employment opportunities
- Youth Cultural Summer Camp is offered in July and August each year
First language support is available.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org