Cross Cultural Parenting – Post Conflict Program
The program helps immigrant parents cope with parenting challenges in a new country and culture.
- Parenting courses for parents of children 0- 17 years old
- Customize parenting courses for fathers , grandparents, parents with children with disability
- Individual parenting support
- Understanding expectations of Canadian society and role of Children Services
- Facilitator training workshops for service providers working with immigrant families
The program is available for all immigrant parents, grandparents, and care givers of all immigration status.
Additional Program Information
- Parents learn how to connect their cultural values with Canadian expectations
- Parenting courses are offered over a period of six to eight weeks (two-hour sessions, twice a week)
- The program is available at various locations throughout Calgary
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional supports
- Childcare is available (restrictions may apply)
- First language support is available
For more information, please email: CalgaryNewcomerFRN@ciwa-online.com