Coordination of Services and Referral
The program helps families navigate the Family Resource Network and connect families to services, programs and resources available in Calgary based on their needs.
- Conducting intake, needs assessment, protective and risk factor assessment/survey of immigrant and new Canadian children, youths and parents seeking services
- Facilitating client referrals and follow-up with clients and spokes to ensure client referrals have been completed and supports and services requested are being accessed
- Providing immigrant and new Canadian children/youth/parents families seeking access to services and resources with information and orientation on all services available in Calgary to address their unique needs
- Providing information and orientation sessions to agencies working with immigrant and new Canadian children, youths and parents regarding prevention and early intervention services offered through the FRN
- Supporting partnering organizations (spokes) in identifying resources available for caregivers, children, youths and families
- Connecting clients to appropriate spoke services offered in the Family Resource Network that is delivered by formal and informal partners
- Referrals to other Family Resources Network Hubs and Spokes in Calgary based on the needs of the clients
- Referrals to other agencies in Calgary to help with access to additional supports
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support
- First language support is available
- Free childcare support is available
The program is available for all immigrant families, grandparents, and care givers of all immigration status with children between 0 and 18-years of age.
Additional Program Information
For more information, please email: CalgaryNewcomerFRN@ciwa-online.com