HIPPY – Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters
The program provides immigrant women and their families support with literacy skills to prepare their preschool aged children for school.
- 30-week program to enhance parental support for pre-school children
- English language enhancement for parents
- Weekly in-home parental literacy support
- Canadian school system referrals
- Family literacy support
- Group meetings with participants
- Potential employment opportunities for parents after completion of program
The program is available to all permanent residents with 3 and 4 year old children.
Additional Program Information
- The program equips parents with teaching skills to prepare their children for school
- Program facilitators visit clients’ homes once a week
- Parents follow HIPPY curriculum to gain skills and help their children learn English
- The program helps families access family health, nutrition and community resources
- Parents receive support with school preparation
- Upon program completion, participants receive employment support and guidance
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
- Childcare is available (restrictions may apply)
- First language support is available
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.