The Honourable Ron Ghitter QC, CM was born and raised in Alberta. He practiced law in Calgary under the name of Ghitter and Company for 25 years, following which he became engaged in real estate consultancy and development. Mr. Ghitter was elected to the Alberta Provincial Legislature for two terms (1971-1979) and was appointed to the Senate of Canada (1993-2000). He is the recipient of the Gerald L. Gall Human Rights Award (2012) presented by the John Humphrey Center for Peace and Human Rights and the Order of Canada (2018). He was Chairman of the Arts and Culture section of the 1988 Winter Olympics and was the Founder and Chairperson of the Osten & Victor Alberta Tennis Centre in Calgary in operation since 2016.
PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship provides financial support to CIWA clients who want to further their education in pursuit of career growth and/or professional success in Canada including accreditation, licensure, certification, or completion of challenge exams. Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need in the amount of $2000.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- CIWA client or volunteer (past or present)
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Must demonstrate financial need
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete and sign the Application Form
- Include a curriculum vitae or resume
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a letter of reference
- Scholarships are presented at an Awards Ceremony in October
- You must be present at the event to receive the award
- To give the scholarship money, CIWA will need a confirmation of enrollment and original receipts
- All scholarship funds must be used within the year of receiving it
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Ron Ghitter CM Scholarship Fund Committee
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 22, 2023
NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.