Karl and Brenda Jeam (nee Jim Kar Son and Gladys Kum Thoe Ho) travelled a long journey to build their family in Canada. From Karl’s humble beginnings in southern China as an orphan and Brenda’s dream of an international nursing career, both of them depended upon the kindness and support of others.
The Siebens Jeam International Women’s Day Scholarship (Jeam Dream Fund) was created in honour of Karl and Brenda Jeam. The fund assists hard working immigrants who dream of completing their education and building lives in Canada. Karl and Brenda shared this dream and the fund will help others follow in their footsteps.
PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship provides financial support to hard working immigrant women who pursue their educational goals in Canada. Two scholarships of $1500 each will be awarded.
MUST MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY:
- CIWA client or volunteer (past or present)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must use funds for further education at a recognized post-secondary
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete and sign the Application Form
- Include a curriculum vitae or resume
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a letter of reference
- The scholarship is presented at International Women’s Day celebration in March
- You must be present at the event to receive the award
- To give the scholarship money, CIWA will need a confirmation of enrollment and original receipts
- All scholarship funds must be used within the year of receiving it
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Siebens Jeam International Women’s Day Scholarship Committee
Via email: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 4, 2023
NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.