Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association (CIWA) will be hosting two virtual community engagement sessions to kick start Canada’s National Action Plan initiative to End Gender-Based Violence. Through this initiative, CIWA will be able to seek your valuable learnings and provide a collective input into this action plan on behalf of the communities we represent, serve and work alongside. We would like to invite you to join us at either of the following two community engagement sessions:
- Feb 22 from 9:30am to 11:30 am
- Feb 24, 2021 from 9:30am to 11:30 am
Please bring your organizational learnings to inform this process. Looking forward to see you.
Did you know that marginalized communities experience disproportionate rates of gender-based violence? Join our roundtable discussion on 5 pillars around:
- Supporting survivors and their families
- Promotion of responsive legal and justice systems
- Supporting indigenous-led approaches and informed responses
- Social infrastructure and enabling environment
For more information, contact Ayodeji Adetimehin at AyodejiA@ciwa-online.com or (403) 263-4414 Ext. 177.
Funded by: YWCA Canada