CIWA is presenting the Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal to 10 community leaders in recognition of their remarkable contributions to our society.
The eligibility criteria for this medal is intentionally broad so it can recognize a wide range of accomplishments in many areas.
A nominee must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with a tangible link to Alberta at the time the medal is granted
- have made a significant contribution to Canada, Alberta, or to a particular Alberta region or community
- have been alive on February 6, 2022, the 70th anniversary of Her Majesty’s accession to the throne
- Nominations are open from October 28 to November 17
- Deliberation process will take place between November 18 and November 24; the selection committee may contact the nominator if necessary
- Medal recipients will ONLY be informed once the Government of Alberta has confirmed the award
- Presentation ceremony will take place at CIWA in the first week of December