Line Cook Training
Line Cook Training provides mid skilled immigrant women with training to enter cook, prep cook and kitchen help roles. Clients receive English language enhancement, essential skill and employment skills training. Training focuses on professionalism, safety and sanitation, kitchen operation, preparation and cooking. The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4-6.
- Basic training in preparation and assembly of dishes according to restaurant specifications
- Professional certifications
- English language enhancement for the workplace
- Interview and resume skills training
- 12 weeks of occupational skills training
This project is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents, have Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) 4-6 and require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
Additional Program Information
- Clients are trained to work in restaurants in line with Canadian health and safety expectations
- Computer skills training included
- Individual job search support available for all participants
- Follow-up support after program completion
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
- Participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- The program offers 4 intakes per year