The Yvonne Nhan Scholarship for Young Immigrant Mothers is made possible by a donation from James Mitchell and is named after his mother-in-law, Yvonne, who immigrated to Canada from Vietnam in 1976.
Yvonne learned to speak English and went on to open many successful businesses, restaurants and a floral shop, all the while raising two daughters as a single mother. Yvonne Nhan embodies the spirit of the scholarship, which is meant to help immigrant women achieve success for themselves and their children.
PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship provides financial assistance to CIWA clients and volunteers in support of their career growth and professional success in Canada. Six scholarships of $1500 will be awarded based on financial need.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- CIWA client or volunteer (past or present)
- Must be under 35 years age
- Applicant must be caring for children under 10 years of age
- Must demonstrate financial need
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete and sign the Application Form
- Include a curriculum vitae or resume
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a letter of reference
- The scholarship is presented at an Awards Ceremony in December
- You must be present at the event to receive the award
- To give the scholarship money, CIWA will need a confirmation of enrollment and original receipts
- All scholarship funds must be used within the year of receiving it
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Yvonne Nhan Scholarship for Young Immigrant Mothers Scholarship Committee
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 8, 2023
NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.