Retail Training Program
This program equips immigrant and refugee women with tools and strategies to enhance their employability in the retail sector.
- 11 weeks of in-class training
- 4 weeks of combined work experience and training
- Training in retail vocabulary, customer service and numeracy
- Certificates in Basic Food Safety and WHMIS
- Computer training and equipment use
- Canadian workplace preparation
- Employment skills training
The project is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents, have no more than 12 years of schooling, have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 and require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
Additional Project Information
The program offers three intakes a year
- April - June
- August - October
- November - February
Work experience is offered in collaboration with retail businesses. Students are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs.