Childcare Training Pathway
This program provides a customized and supportive environment for immigrant women to learn and improve their language and employability skills in the childcare sector.
- 26 weeks of in-class training
- 4 weeks of applied skill development
- Gain skills required of a Child Development Assistant
- Employment skills development
- Basic skills and ESL
- First Aid and CPR Certification
The program is available to immigrant women with no more than 12 years of education and Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 3-5. Eligible clients include permanent residents, refugees and Canadian citizens with language and cultural barriers.
Additional Program Information
- Child Development Certificate is offered in collaboration with Bow Valley College
- Qualifying participants access support services
The program offers three intakes in two years
- June 2019 – Jan 2020
- Jan 2020 – August 2020
- Sept 2020 – April 2021