Innovative Approach to Supporting Early Learning of Immigrant Children
The goal of the project is to support the early learning of immigrant children between the ages of 19 and 36 months through learning together activities.
- Hands on learning activities for both parents and children between 19-36 months
- 20-week program that involves immigrant parents and children for 3 hours, 2 times a week
- Parent workshops
The program is available to low income immigrant mothers with children between the ages of 19 and 36 months.
Additional Program Information
- Identifies the needs and challenges related to the early learning of immigrant children
- Provides skill building workshops for parents
- Supports and enables immigrant children meet the age appropriate developmental mile stones
- Provides referrals to other CIWA programs to help participants access additional support services
- Provides access to childcare for siblings between the ages of 6 months and 6 years
- Provides first language support