The program aims to empower immigrant girls between 9 and 13 years of age through themed activities related to protecting the environment, preserving our eco-system and engaging in the wilderness, which build self-confidence and leadership skills. This program is the only initiative in Calgary that focuses on building leadership of immigrant girls through awareness raising activities and leadership opportunities related to the environment, wilderness and preservation/conservation.
- Weekly group programming offered
- Educational sessions and guest presenters
- Leadership and community engagement
- Group mentoring
- Outdoor field trips
- Youth cultural summer camp
The program is available for all immigrant girls (9-13 years old) including those who are Canadian citizens.
Additional Program Information
- Project is offered after school at Falconridge School and Falconridge Calgary Housing Company location
- Project is also offered at Edgemont Community Room provided by Calgary Housing Company
- Activities take place during afterschool hours (3:30-5:30)
- Youth cultural summer camp is offered in July and August each year
- Group mentoring offered twice a month
- Experiential learning based field trips hosted annually