Retail Training Program
Retail Training provides low skilled immigrant women training to enter retail roles. Clients receive English language enhancement, essential skill and employment skills training. Training focuses on customer service, cash handling, health and safety, working with others, food demonstration and entry level job access primarily focused on the grocery sector. The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents with twelve years or less of education and a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 3-4.
- 11 weeks of in-class training
- 4 weeks of combined work experience and training
- Training in retail vocabulary, customer service and numeracy
- Certificates in Basic Food Safety and WHMIS
- Computer training and equipment use
- Canadian workplace preparation
- Employment skills training
The project is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents, have no more than 12 years of schooling, have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 and require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
Additional Project Information
The program offers three intakes a year
- April – June
- August – October
- November – February
Work experience is offered in collaboration with retail businesses. Students are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org