Child Development Worker Training
Child Development Worker Training is a 12-month program offered in collaboration with Bow Valley College. The program prepares CIWA clients, currently working at daycare centers, to provide quality child care in a wide variety of settings and complete the Child Development Worker Certification (formerly Level 2). Throughout the program, clients are offered professional support to advance in their careers and to positively impact the lives of children in their care.
- Occupational language training
- Small group tutoring
- Computer training
- Child Development Worker Certificate
This project is available to immigrant women who are Permanent Residents, have a Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) at 7 or higher, and have a professional experience working or currently work as Child Development Assistants.
Additional Program Information
- Child Development Worker certificate is offered in collaboration with Bow Valley College
- One-on-one mentoring support is available to all clients
- Follow-up support after program completion
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
- Participants are reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs