Companion Training provides immigrant women with skills and knowledge to fulfill the companionship needs of seniors or individuals with disabilities or long term health issues. Clients will receive training in effective communication, supportive listening, stimulating leisure activities, maintaining daily schedules, ethics, abuse prevention, infection prevention, and medication assistance. This project supports immigrant women who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5-6.
- 8 weeks of in-class training (20 hours/week)
- 4 weeks work experience (20-25 hours/week)
- Occupational skill development
- Certificates in First Aid and CPR Level C and WHIMS
- Employment skills developmentg
This project supports immigrant women who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5-6 are eligible to apply.
Additional Program Information
The project offers five intakes in two years.
- May 2021 - August 2021
- September 2021 - December 2021
- January 2021 - April 2022
- May 2022 - August 2022
- September 2022 - December 2022