Bridge to Success for Professional Immigrant Women
The program supports immigrant women with post-secondary education and/or work experience in administration, sales and marketing, community and social services and other related professions to attain Canadian work experience.
- 14 weeks of pre-employment training including:
- Workplace essential skills
- Soft skills
- Leadership skills
- Workplace culture
- Business communication
- Job search and retention
- Individualized career planning support
- Advanced computer training
This project is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents or citizens age 30 or over and have a professional background or work experience. Clients who are unemployed or underemployed, eligible for EI, have current or past EI claims and have Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) 7 or higher are eligible to apply.
Additional Program Information
- Work experience offered in collaboration with businesses and non-profit organizations
- Reimbursement for transit costs may be available during the program
- Future learning grant opportunities available for all participants
- Enhanced networking skills offered to all participants
- Individual career planning support
- Office computer skills training
- Follow-up support after program completion
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support
"The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the GovernmentofCanada to provide employment support programs and services."