Bridging the Gap for Foreign Trained Accountants
This full time 12-16 weeks employment training program is designed to help professional immigrant women with accounting or finance background practice their skills and gain relevant work experience needed to join the Canadian workforce in a professional field. Career planning includes individualized labor market assessment, employment skill building and job search support. The program is available to immigrant women who are permanent residents or refugees with a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or higher.
- 8 weeks of classroom training
- 4-8 weeks of Canadian work experience
- English language enhancement
- Software training – QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Xero, MS Excel and MS Dynamics.
- Digital skills building
- Canadian workplace preparation
- Job search and career planning support
- Individualized labor market analysis and action plan
- Immigrant women who are permanent resident or refugees
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Educational background and minimum 1 year of experience in accounting and/or finance outside of Canada
- Canadian Language Benchmarks of 7 or higher
Additional Program Information
- Work experience is offered in collaboration with business partners
- Participants may be reimbursed for childcare and transportation costs
- Future learning grant opportunities are available for all participants
- Participants enhance networking skills
- Individual career planning support
- Comprehensive office computer skills training is provided to participants
- Follow-up job search support after program completion
- Referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.