The program provides immigrant women and their families support with literacy skills to prepare their preschool aged children for school.
- 30-week program to enhance parental support for pre-school children
- English language enhancement for parents
- weekly in-home parental literacy support
- Canadian school system referrals
- family literacy support
- group meetings with participants
- employment opportunities for parents after completion of program
The program is available to all permanent residents with 3 and 4 year old children.
Additional Program Information
- the program equips parents with teaching skills to prepare their children for school
- program facilitators visit clients’ homes once a week
- parents follow HIPPY curriculum to gain skills and help their children learn English
- the program helps families access family health, nutrition and community resources
- parents receive support with school preparation
- upon program completion, participants receive employment support and guidance
- referrals to other CIWA programs help participants access additional support services
Free childcare and first language support is available.
For more information please email: